Technological advancement has made your daily tasks much easier. In your busy life it is difficult to give much time to cooking or cleaning. Therefore, you have appliances like induction cooker, food processor, coffee maker, etc. If you have started working with induction cook top, you must have realized the numerous advantages of it and you know why it is anytime a better option than traditional gas ovens. But, nothing comes in this world with positive sides only. There must be something negative to balance. Induction cook tops are no exception to that.
How Does Induction Cookers Work?
There is a copper coil under the cook top which is not visible from outside. While using it, low current electricity flows through it.
There is an alternate system of the flowing of electricity which produces a magnetic field as well as a strong current.
You should use pots which are made of electrically conductive materials such as iron or stainless steel.
When the magnetic field detects the pot as it is of electrically conductive materials, it persuades current flow within the pot and heats it up. Thus, the pot gets heated but not the cook top.
Pros of Induction Cooker
- One of the most important advantages of induction cooker is that you get instant heat here. Like the gas, you can change the temperature according to your need, but the process is much faster than gas ovens.
- Energy consumption is much less here. As the cook top only heats up the pot, the whole surface is not heated up. So, it is said that induction cook tops are 70% more efficient than other cooking systems.
- Safety is the most important matter, especially when you have kids around. With induction cook top you can get utmost safety. When you take off the cookware, the system gets switched off, automatically. After few seconds you can even touch the burner without burning your hand.
- You know how much messy it is to clean gas stoves. With induction cook tops, you don’t need to worry. As spilled foods don’t get burnt here, you can clean it with a moist cloth. Just wipe the ceramic plate and you’re done.
- The apparatus require small space to keep. So, if you have small kitchen, induction cooker is the best choice for you.
Cons of Induction Cooker
- You can’t avoid the buzzing sound while cooking on it. It is connected with the magnetic field.
- Though the price of induction cook top is now much lower than earlier days, still it costs more than traditional gas ovens.
- You need additional budget for buying induction-based cookware. Any utensils made up of glass, aluminum, copper or Pyrex cannot be used on induction cooker. Heat conductors like iron and stainless still are only options.
Sliding pans can damage the glass ceramic top. Never use aluminum as it can melt and cause permanent damage to your induction cook top.