An overactive sebaceous gland is responsible for causing acne. In general, sebaceous glands secrete sebum that maintains skin moisture. But when these glands overproduce sebum, the skin pores become clogged, and dirt and filth start getting accumulated in these blocked pores. This leads to the appearance of one of the most common skin disorder called acne.
Acne problem can be alleviated using different remedies and treatment. Simple home remedies are also efficient in reducing as well as eliminating acne problems. In a case of mild acne condition, you can follow the below mentioned 5 effective home remedies for acne and get rid of acne easily. But you must consult a dermatologist if your acne breakout is severe and it is not responding to simple home remedies.
- An excellent home remedy for acne is the use of sandalwood paste. In fact, you can alleviate oily skin, acne, and acne scar as well with the help of sandalwood paste. Make a thick paste out of sandalwood powder and rose water and apply it on the acne affected area of your skin and leave it for some time. When the paste gets completely dry, you should wash it using tepid water. After some days, you may notice that your acne has vanished.
- Garlic is another herb that is widely used to treat acne. Although some people avoid this remedy due to its odor, you can use it to get effective result. It is cost effective as well as the powerful home remedy for acne. Since Garlic contains antiseptic property, it dries out acne very soon. You just have to eliminate the skin of a garlic clove and crush it. Now rub this gently on the acne and then after a few minutes, wash it off with water. In just a few days, you will find that your acne has dried out.
- Lemon juice is another home remedy for acne. Lemons are rich in Vitamin C and also possess bleaching as well as exfoliating properties. These natural properties of lemon help it to treat acne and acne scars effectively. Get some freshly prepared lemon juice and mix some rose water in it. Now apply this mixture onto your acne with the help of a cotton swab. Wash it off after a few minutes to get rid of acne.
- Baking soda can also be used as an effective home remedy for acne. You should make a thick paste of baking soda by mixing some water and then use it on your face as a scrub. Baking soda will alleviate your acne problem within few days.
- Each day you use toothpaste for the purpose of cleaning your teeth and gums but do you know that it is also effective in treating acne! You can check this fact by applying a thick layer of white toothpaste on your acne before bedtime. And when you get up in the morning, just wash it off with cold water. You will get the wonderful result.
In order to treat acne at home, you can choose any of the home remedies mentioned above and follow it until your acne gets cured.